Friday 23 September 2011

Hello! Who are we?

Hello...

Let me introduce myself.

I'm Katy. I'm 26 years old, and since May 22nd 2010 I have been getting to know my wonderful little girl, Rose

Over these 16 months she has been my centre, but as she gets a little older and begins to move into independence, its time to find myself again. Two weeks ago I admitted to those closest to me that I was struggling with depression.

It's a battle that plagued my teenage years, but with the use of CBT and self help techniques I overcame it - and this time round I realised that as soon as acknowledged my feelings I already had the tools to manage it.

Not only that, I remembered that I believe we all need to be mindful of ourselves, and to consciously keep growing. So I hope to use this blog to consciously grow as a person, and learn from my daughter as she does the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment